Finite Element Analysis
PUB DATE: July 2013
FORMAT: Hard Cover with DVD
TRIM SIZE: 7.00 x 9.00
Today, the finite element method (FEM) has become a common tool for solving engineering problems in many industries for the obvious reasons of its versatility and affordability. This book contains materials applied to mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, and physics. It is written primarily as a simple introduction to the practice of FEM analysis in engineering and physics. It contains many 1D and 2D problems solved by the analytical method, by FEM using hand calculations, and by using ANSYS®, COMSOL®, and MATLAB® software. Results of all the methods have been compared.
- Includes a comparison of solutions to the problems obtained by the analytical method, FEM hand calculations, and the software method
- Includes over 35 solved problems using software applications such as MATLAB, COMSOL, and ANSYS
- Accompanied by a DVD with applications and figures from the text
- Careful, balanced presentation of theory and applications
Brief Table of Contents
1. Mathematical Preliminaries. 2. Introduction to Finite Element Method. 3. Finite Element Analysis of Axially Loaded Members. 4. Finite Element Analysis of Trusses. 5. Finite Element Analysis of Beams. 6. Stress Analysis of a Rectangular Plate with a Circular Hole. 7. Thermal Analysis. 8. Fluid Flow Analysis. 9. Dynamic Analysis. 10. Engineering Electromagnetics Analysis. Appendix A. ANSYS. Appendix B. MATLAB. Appendix C. Color Figures
On the DVD!
- Appendix A. ANSYS.
- Appendix B. MATLAB.
- Appendix C. Color Figures.
- All images from the text (including 4-color)
About The Authors
Sarhan Musa holds a PhD in electrical engineering and is currently an associate professor in the engineering technology department at Prairie View A&M University, Texas.
A. V. Kulkarni is a professor of mechanical engineering with over twenty-two years of teaching experience.
V. K. Havanur is an instructor in mechanical engineering with nine years of experience in teaching and industry.