AutoCAD 2016 Beginning and Intermediate
Pub Date: February 2016
Specs: 7 x 9 Paperback with CD
This book is the most comprehensive book you will find on AutoCAD 2016 – 2D Drafting. Covering all of the 2D concepts, it uses both metric and imperial units to illustrate the myriad drawing and editing tools for this popular application. Use the CD to set up drawing exercises and projects and to see all of the book’s figures in color. AutoCAD 2016 Beginning and Intermediate includes over 100 “mini-workshops” that complete small projects from concept through actual plotting. Solving all of these workshops will simulate the creation of three projects (architectural and mechanical) from beginning to end, without overlooking any of the basic commands and functions in AutoCAD 2016.
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1: AutoCAD 2016 Basics. 2: Precise Drafting in AutoCAD 2016. 3: Modifying Commands Part 1. 4: Modifying Commands Part 2. 5: Layers and Inquiry Commands. 6: Blocks and Hatches. 7: Writing Text. 8: Dimensions. 9: Plotting. 10: Projects. 11: More on 2D Objects. 12: Advanced Practices − Part 1. 13: Advanced Practices − Part 2. 14: Using Block Tools and Block Editing. 15: Creating Text, Table Styles, and Formulas in Tables. 16: Dimension & Multileader Styles. 17: Plot Style, Annotative, and Exporting. 18: How to Create a Template File and Interface Customization. 19: Parametric Constraints. 20: Dynamic Blocks. 21: Block Attributes. 22: External Referencing (XREF). 23: Sheet Sets. 24: CAD Standards and Advanced Layers. 25: Drawing Review. Index.
- Designed for novice users of AutoCAD 2016. Most useful for “teach yourself” or instructor-led AutoCAD training in Level 1 or 2. No previous CAD experience is required
- Accompanied by a CD featuring drawings, practice and finished plots, 4-color figures, etc.
- Includes over 100 “mini-workshops” and hundreds of figures that complete small projects
- Uses both English and metric units in examples, exercises, projects, and descriptions
- Covers three full projects (metric and imperial) for architectural and mechanical designs
- Helps you to prepare for the AutoCAD Certified Professional exam
- Exercises and instructor’s resources available for use as a textbook
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Munir Hamad is an AutoDesk® Approved Instructor and a certified AutoDesk AutoCAD Master, who has authored several AutoCAD titles and taught various levels of AutoCAD training.