A New Approach to Estimation of Methane Emission Rates from Landfills
(DIV Deutscher Industrieverlag)
Pub Date: July 2016
Specs: 8 x 9 Hardcover
Methane emission monitoring has become increasingly essential for diffusive area sources, especially for landfills, which contribute to a significant fraction of the total anthropogenic methane emission globally. In this study, a new method is proposed based on experimental results, which utilizes a TDLAS (Tunable Diode Laser Absorption Spectroscopy) instrument – GasFinder2.0® system and a dispersion model LASAT (Lagrangian Simulation of Aerosol Transport) as the measurement device and calculation model, respectively. With this method, site-specific measurement approaches can be designed for not only landfills, but also different diffusive area sources with less workload and lower cost compared to conventional FID (Flame Ionization Detector) method.
- Development of a new approach to calculating landfill methane emission rate.
- Utilization of the TDLAS device GasFinder2.0® system for methane measurement.
- Computerized calculation of source emission rate based on LASAT.
- Adoption of meteorological data in the modelling process.
- A versatile approach to diffusive area sources of different dimensions.